Date: 9 October 2017
• The CEC discussed future preparations in case of a call for nationwide general elections or local elections in Gaza Strip in light of reconciliation and stressed on its preparedness.
• The CEC reviewed the 2017 local elections report issued recently which will be distributed to elections stakeholders and relevant official bodies and published online.
• The CEC discussed the report by the State Audit and Control Bureau and expressed content to the results.
• Head of Audit and control unit at the CEC presented the internal monitoring report, based on which the Commissioners decided the following:
- The CEC executive office follow up on the implementation of the recommendations of the Audit and Control unit or to present remarks on the recommendations before the next meeting.
- Prepare the 2018 budget and approve it before the end of the year.
- Assessing and approving the necessary development projects before signing and implementation with donors.
- In light of CEC’s policy to minimize expenditure at this stage, it has been decided to cut the contribution of the CEC to health insurance from 50% to 30% where the employee bears 70% of the annual insurance fees.