The nomination period for the (Second Phase) of the Local elections will run for 10 days starting on Tuesday morning 8/02/2022 until Thursday evening 17/02/2022.
Nomination applications can be acquired in person through the CEC’s Headquarters and district offices, or online through: www.elections.ps
Applications must be submitted with their enclosures, in the CEC district offices at the governorate of the candidates’ locality.
Nominations shall be submitted as electoral lists, not as individual nominations. The minimum number of candidates in an electoral list must not be below the majority number of seats designated for a locality, nor be above that number.
Required application enclosures:
1. Both electronic and hard copies of the electoral program of the electoral list.
2. A colored copy of the electoral list’s logo attached in the form of a digital copy.
3. A bank Bond that confirms the deposit of (1000 JOD) as candidacy fees and an Election Campaign guarantee.
4. Lists nominated on behalf of a political entity must attach a letter from the faction’s representative, indicating the nomination of the list on behalf of the political entity.
5. Copy of every candidate’s Identification card or passport.
6. Two personal photos (2x3cm) for every candidate.
7. Certificate of financial clearance for all candidates, issued by the council of the locality they wish to nominate themselves for.
8. Letter of resignation if the applicant belongs to one of the categories identified in the Electoral law.
9. Proof of Residency for at least a year in the locality a candidate wishes to nominate him/herself for, through any of the following:
• His/her address in the identification card’s appendix.
• A Water or an Electricity bill, with an issuance date dating back to at least a year before polling day: 26/3/2022.
• His/her address in the Voter’s registry, providing the fact that his/her registration is valid for at least one year.
• A statement issued under oath in a court, stating the candidate’s proof of residency for at least a year in their locality before polling day.
10. A legal power of attorney (for nomination applications by proxy).
The Women’s quota represents the minimum number of female candidates in an electoral list, and it can be exceeded:
- Localities with 9 council seats: One woman at least within the first 5 names in the electoral list, and another one within the names that follow.
- Localities with 11 council seats: One woman at least within the first 5 names in the electoral list, and another one within the names that follow; as long as her ranking in the list isn’t beyond the 10th name.
- Localities with 13 council seats: One woman at least within the first 5 names in the electoral list, and another one within the names that follow; as long as her ranking in the list isn’t beyond the 10th name.
- Localities with 15 council seats: one woman at least within the first 5 names, another one within the 5 names that follow, and a third one within the last five names.
A list’s Candidate must meet the following requirements:
1. Must be 25 years of age or older on polling day 26/3/2022. As in born on or before: 26/3/1997.
2. Must be registered in the final voter’s registry.
3. Not convicted with a felony or a crime against honor.
4. Must submit his/her resignation and a letter approving of it, if he/she’s:
• An employee for the Ministry of Local Government
• An employee for the State of Palestine (Civil or military).
• A president, A member, An employee or a lawyer working for a locality.