Date: 2 February 2015
Place: CEC headquarters in Ramallah- Gaza through video conference.
1. CEC Chairman discussed CEC’s ongoing voter awareness activities. He also referred to the voter registry update which is scheduled to take place from 1-5 March 2015 targeting youth who reached 17 years and above in schools in both the West Bank and Gaza Strip.
2. Commissioners approved preparations for online registration for first time voters. As indicated, E-registration will require a decision by the CEC after completion of all preparations and presenting a well- formulated plan.
3. Attendees also discussed what has been accomplished since previous meeting with regards to financial and administrative audit conducted by external audit company (Deliotte and Touche). The company has made some recommendations which will be addressed by the CEOs office within 2-3 months.
4. The CEC has decided to have its regular sessions every two months at least and to change that in its internal bylaws.
5. Attendees have requested CEO’s office to submit regular reports of CEC’s activities.
6. CEO presented CEC achievements since 2014 and ongoing CEC projects. CEO also indicated that preparations for the inauguration of the Arab League for Election Management Bodies in which the CEC is participating as a co-founder are almost completed. He also indicated that the CEC has submitted its remarks with regards to the organization constitution.
7. CEO explained that the PA has signed a financial agreement end of 2014 with the EC that supports the construction of a new premises for the CEC in the amount of 4.5 million Euros.