Date: 28 April 2014
Place: CEC Headquarters in Ramallah-Gaza through video conference.
1. The CEC expressed content in what has been achieved in the reconciliation agreement and its full readiness to conduct elections once called.
2. The CEC concluded data entry of registration information following the latest registry update concluded on 20 March 2014. The CEC will issue the new updated voters list within a week.
3. The CEC decided to keep its legal Advisor (Shehadeh Office) for the current year and requested the CEO to conduct a study on the international standards for the contracting period of A legal Advisor.
4. The CEC approved a decision to contract a well-known and accredited external financial auditor through call for tenders from various companies. The CEC requested the Executive office to not rely on lowest prices in the evaluation and to submit recommendations to Commissioners for approval of the appropriate company.
5. The CEC approved contracting an international financial and administrative audit company to review and develop CEC’s financial and administrative systems in accordance with international standards.
6. The CEC confirmed that the amalgamation or division of localities doesn’t not fall under the jurisdiction of the CEC according to law. This decision has been made after the CEC received Cabinet decision on 22 April 2014 with regards to CEC’s membership in the legal committee that was formed to study the division of localities.
7. A committee comprising of commissioners, Mr. Shukri Nashashibi, Dr. Ahmad Al-Khalidi, Judge Isac Muhanna and Judge Mazen Sisalem was formed to review the Control Board letter and its authority in monitoring CEC’s work and to submit recommendations on this regard.