July 23, 2009
Place: Ramallah headquarters and Gaza through video conference
Proceedings of Meeting
CEC Chairman discussed the importance of updating the voter registry for any electoral event, indicating that due to current circumstances on the ground the CEC is unable to conduct voter registration despite the availability of fund and readiness of set plans. The Commissioners requested the Chairman to follow up this issue with the concerned bodies.
The Chairman also discussed the CEC’s financial position indicating that the designated budgetary installments are not transferred regularly to CEC. The Commissioners requested the Chairman to follow up on this matter with relevant authorities.
The Chairman explored CEC’s achievements in the first half of 2009, mainly;
• Finalizing electoral plans
• Development of the IT infrastructure
• Finalizing the demarcation of election boundaries
• Setting up of the headquarters and Gaza Regional Office
• Application of E- archiving system
• Application of the new administrative and financial system
• Completion of the election awareness in schools project
• Preparations for CEC’s strategic plan