Date: 28 August 2016
Place: CEC HQ- Gaza Regional Office via video conference
1. Minutes of previous session were approved.
2. CEC Chairman indicated that the CEC approved 867 lists and rejected 7.
3. The CEC discussed the legal and procedural causes of rejection and decided to approve rejections and notify representatives of lists of its decision.
4. CEC Chairman explained that 416 localities are nominated, of which:
- 196 localities in which elections will be held.
- 181 localities will win by acclamation.
- 38 localities had no nominated lists.
-1 locality had candidates number less than the designated seats.
- With regards to the letter received from the General Directorate of Field Operations- Ministry of Interior, in Gaza on 16 August 2016, on the elections insurance, the CEC decided to inform the Directorate that the elections insurance falls under the jurisdiction of the Ministry of interior and not the CEC.