State of Palestine
Cabinet’s decision no. (10/46/14/C/PA) of 2013 on the continuation of Local Council Elections
Based on the powers invested in us by the law, the recommendation of the Minister of Local Governance and for the sake of public interest, and after reviewing:
The amended Basic Law of 2003 and its further amendments;
Local Council Elections Law No. 10 of 2005 and its further amendments;
Local Authorities Law No. 1 of 1997 and its further amendments;
Decree issued by a law No. 1 of 2007 on General Elections,
Cabinet’s decision No. (01/08/14/C/PA) of 2012;
Cabinet’s decision No. (02/26/14/C/PA) of 2012;
The Cabinet, in its session held on 12 March 2013 in Ramallah has decided the following:
1. To assign Saturday, I June 2013 for the continuation of the procedures of local elections in the localities where elections were not held and those which lost a quorum due to the resignation of the majority of their members, namely:
- Jenin district (Al-Zawya, Marka)
-Tubas district (Bardalah)
- Qalqilia district (Azoun Atma, Arab Al ramadeen al Janoubi, Arab Abu Fardah)
-Nablus district (Osreen, Hiwarah, Beit Hasan)
-Ramallah district (Deir Nitham, Burham, Atarah, Budrus, Beit Nouba, Ain Arik)
-Jerusalem district (Khara’eb em al lahem, Al Jaderah, Bado al Jahaleen)
-Hebron district (Doura, Al-Yasireya, Khrisa, Al burj, abu al asja, abu al ghizlan, abu al arqan, raboud, karza, karma, al majd, deir al asal al fouqa, deir al asal al tahta, hadb al fwar, marish, abda, al alqa al tahta, al alqa al fouqa, al sura, beit al rosh al tahta, tawas, saka, tarama, wad al shajnah, deir razih, khirbat basm, emnazel).
-Bethlehem district (Al-Khader)
-Salfit district (Qira)
2. To entrust the (CEC) with undertaking all measures and preparations necessary to hold Local Council Elections as per the set date.
3. To assign the Minister of Local Government to follow up the elections procedures with the (CEC) on behalf of the cabinet.
All competent Authorities, each within its own jurisdiction, shall implement the provisions of this decision. The decision shall enter into force from the date of issue and shall be published in the official Gazette.
Issued in the city of Ramallah on 12 March 2013.