The President of the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization,
President of the Palestinian National Authority,
Having seen the Law No. 5 of 1995 concerning the transference of powers and competences;
Having seen the Law No. 13 of 1995 concerning the elections; and
Based upon the powers bestowed on me;
I hereby promulgate the following decree:
The permanent Elections Commission shall be comprised as follows:
1. Dr. Hanna Nasser as the President of the Commission;
2. Dr. Ali Jarbawi as the Secretary General of the Commission;
3. Judge Ishaq Muhanna as member;
4. Judge Mazin Sisalem as member;
5. Advocate Ali As-Safarini as members;
6. Advocate Shukri An-Nashashibi as member;
7. Dr. Rami Al-Hamdallah as member;
8. Mrs. Lamis Al-Alami as member; and
9. Advocate Ibrahim As-Saqqa as member.
The Commission shall operate in accordance with the provisions of the Elections Law and/or any other legislation related to the elections in Palestine.
All competent authorities, each within its own jurisdiction, shall implement this decree. The decree shall enter into force upon its issuance and shall be published in the Official Gazette.
Issued in the city of Ramallah on 27/10/2002.
President of the Executive Committee of the Palestine Liberation Organization
President of the Palestinian National Authority