Legal Registration Requirements:
- Must be a Palestinian citizen (holds a Palestinian ID, Palestinian passport, or a foreign passport accompanied by a document from the Ministry of Education proving the individual’s nationality and place of residence).
- Be at least 17 years of age (born on or prior to May 22, 2004).
- Have lived in the Palestinian territories for at least one year.
- Be lawfully eligible to register.
Every citizen who meets these registration requirements but has not yet been registered has the right to enlist his/her name in the voter registry by one of the following ways: 1) accessing the online registration portal on the CEC's website by clicking here; 2) visiting one of the voter registration and information centers spread throughout the electoral districts; 3) registering through one of the mobile registration teams located within all electoral districts. If a voter wishes to change the location of their registration, the desired change of address must match the address listed on their ID, otherwise, the voter must visit the Ministry of Interior to update the address on their ID to reflect the desired registration location before registering again online.
Registration for legislative and presidential elections is open until Tuesday February 16, 2021. Registration will not be open again before the presidential elections following this date.
Special Cases of Registration:
- Citizens with foreign passports shall only register at the electoral area office as per the document provided by the Ministry of Interior that proves their nationality and place of residence.
- Cases of reunification (where a citizen possesses neither a Palestinian ID nor a foreign passport) shall register at the electoral area office as per the document provided by the Ministry of Interior that proves their nationality and place of residence.
- Citizens who hold Gaza Strip IDs and reside in one of the governorates of the West Bank shall register at the electoral area office as per the document provided by the Ministry of Interior proving their place of residence.
- Citizens who hold Jerusalemite IDs and reside in the one of the governorates of the West Bank shall register at the electoral area office as per proof of residence. Examples of proof of residence include documents such as water or electricity bills, residential leasing contracts, or residential property registered to the person attempting to register to vote, or one of his/her immediate relatives (i.e., father, mother, husband, wife, son or daughter).
- Citizens who hold blue IDs and reside in the Jerusalem governorate have the right to participate in the elections without having to be registered.