According to CEC’s strategic plan for the years 2011-2013 and aiming at enhancing the principles of transparency, independence and professionalism governing CEC’s work, the CEC constantly seeks to develop the capacities of its core staff and strengthen connections with civic society and the various election stakeholders.
In light of this, the CEC is currently implementing a one year program entitled “Support to the Elections Commission” funded by the Global Program for Electoral Cycle Support GPECS and implemented in cooperation with UNDP. The project focuses mainly on:
1. Strengthening CEC’s institutional and professional development by raising the capacity of CEC staff and providing the technical support, equipments and software needed to improve the work environments and level of performance.
2. Enhancing engagement with Civic Society Organizations and election stakeholders such as political patties, the media to raise their level of awareness on CEC’s role.
Through this program, the CEC will implement several projects with election stakeholders including:
- “Support election participation” which is implemented with CSOs. This project is divided into two phases through which five project proposals will be selected for funding by the CEC through “election awareness fund”. The selected Organizations will undertake project activities targeting women and youth to raise election awareness and democratic participation among the Palestinian society.
- Training of representatives of political parties to support their work in forming electoral lists, quota and conducting election campaigns.
- Training of the media on electoral processes, terms and laws to improve their electoral monitoring and reporting skills.
- The production of a documentary on CEC’s work.
- The production of TV spots to raise electoral awareness on general and local elections issues such as registration and voting.
Central Elections Commission-PalestineAll rights reserved©2017